Once you become a member, E-Post will assign you an account number and a unique username and password to access your account online.
By logging in to the system you will be able to alert your packages prior to arrival, view the status of your packages on the Warehouse Screen and access the individual shipment details.
To login to the system, go to http://APG.cargotrack.net
Lear how to work with our system: tutorial
The consolidation process consists of the consolidation of 2 or more packages for one customer within a small mother bag. The contents are not removed from their original box.
- Reduces the chargeable weight: The weight per package is not rounded up, instead the actual weight of all inner packages will apply. Only the total consolidation weight is rounded up to the next lb.
- One fixed administration fee – no matter the amount of packages. The more you order and consolidate, the more you save.
- The portability of packages that are picked up is easy as you will pick up one bag instead of multiple pieces.
The more packages you consolidate, the more you safe.
Awg.20 handling fee is charged, additionally to the freight, insurance, and import taxes.
Sign up to become a consolidation client:
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org informing that you want to be on our “Authorized Customer Consolidation List”
- Once you sign up as a consolidation client, all your packages will be automatically consolidated. If there should be an exception this can be notified by email to email@example.com
- All packages are consolidated into a mother bag in their original packaging in order to keep their traceability.
- You need to upload the invoice of each package. We recommend doing this via the upload link you receive in the email notification that we send when your package is received.
- Pieces that have a greater dimension than 48”x60” will be considered as loose piece (LP) and cannot be consolidated.
- Consolidated goods are shipped out once a week, on Mondays.
- As your packages will be received at our warehouse separately, as soon as your packages arrive you need to put them on HOLD
- This has to be done for each package (HOLD), otherwise the packages will not be shipped together as consolidation. This is also valid if you will be receiving packages between 2 different weeks.
- Cut off time is Thursday at noon (12:00pm)
- When all your packages have arrived and you are ready to ship them, you need to enter our system (or use the tab in the email notification) to provide instructions to release the packages before Thursday at 12:00pm
- Each package that was put on hold must be released individually
- Go to instructions and indicate all WR# to be shipped
APG is Hazmat certified and as such can ship hazardous or dangerous goods. Not all commodities are allowed to ship by AIR, but as long as the airline accepts the specific hazmat commodity, we can ship it.
It is important to note that there are additional costs involved to ship hazardous shipments.
For details about this extra service, please contact us.
Some common commodities that are classified as hazardous are:
- Flammable items: perfume, body splashes with alcohol, fire lighters, matches, moth balls, fuel, mineral turpentine, kerosene, enamel paints, nail polish, most varnishes, some dry-cleaning fluids, some resin, alcohol, fuel and nail polish remover
- Toxic: aerosols (hair spray, fly sprays, room fresheners, aerosol deodorants and some oven cleaners), some magnets, shock absorbers with compressed air, fireworks, flares, ammunition, Freon (for air conditioners), chlorine (for commercial swimming pools), ammonia and some pesticides
- Oxidizers: Pool Chlorine, some home bleaches, some fertilizers
- Corrosives: car and truck batteries, some industrial cleaners
- Live animals and animal products.
- Poisons: i.e. drugs and medicines except samples of poisons, toxics, drugs and medicines in prescription quantities when packed and transmitted in the prescribed manner.
- Shock absorbers