APG is Hazmat certified and as such can ship hazardous or dangerous goods. Not all commodities are allowed to ship by AIR, but as long as the airline accepts the specific hazmat commodity, we can ship it.
It is important to note that there are additional costs involved to ship hazardous shipments.
For details about this extra service, please contact us.
Some common commodities that are classified as hazardous are:
- Flammable items: perfume, body splashes with alcohol, fire lighters, matches, moth balls, fuel, mineral turpentine, kerosene, enamel paints, nail polish, most varnishes, some dry-cleaning fluids, some resin, alcohol, fuel and nail polish remover
- Toxic: aerosols (hair spray, fly sprays, room fresheners, aerosol deodorants and some oven cleaners), some magnets, shock absorbers with compressed air, fireworks, flares, ammunition, Freon (for air conditioners), chlorine (for commercial swimming pools), ammonia and some pesticides
- Oxidizers: Pool Chlorine, some home bleaches, some fertilizers
- Corrosives: car and truck batteries, some industrial cleaners
- Live animals and animal products.
- Poisons: i.e. drugs and medicines except samples of poisons, toxics, drugs and medicines in prescription quantities when packed and transmitted in the prescribed manner.
- Shock absorbers
- Pepper spray
- Plastic cutlery/ cups/ plates/ straws